Symco Group has a customer who has two Bell and Howell ten station Enduro Inserters with Jet Vision cameras, high cap feeders and on edge conveyors for immediate sale.
If you have interest in one or both of the Bell and Howell Enduro Inserters, please contact Symco Group at 800-878-8002 or email us at email@example.com.
Bell and Howell Enduro Overview:
The Enduro inserting system will operate at speeds up to 11,000 envelopes per hour, depending on the configuration. These processing speeds make the Enduro inserting system a formidable solution for operations that process high volumes of one- to multiple- page, statement-type jobs in any environment where numerous applications are run on a regular basis.
Based on BÖWE BELL + HOWELL’s industry-renowned gripper-arm inserting technology and powered by the KOMPOS control system, the Enduro inserting system represents a new evolution in inserting technology.
Thanks to the integrated KOMPOS microprocessor and its plug-and-play design, the Enduro inserting system bring a new level of modularity to BÖWE BELL + HOWELL’s proven gripper-arm inserting technology. This opens the door to a broad and diverse range of add-on modules that can easily be integrated with the base system, including BÖWE BELL + HOWELL’s new line of dual-channel and cut-sheet feeders.
These modules, each with their own KOMPOS controller, communicate continously with the operating system to ensure complete mail piece integrity while improving performance levels by up to 40 percent on certain applications.
The Enduro inserting system features an integrated, intelligent learning technology known as Smart GRIP (Grip Remember Inform & Pull). With Smart GRIP, operators can activate a “teach” command through the user interface. In this mode, the gripper arm “reads” an insert, “remembers” the reference values and “reports” the thickness of the enclosures to the operating system.
As a job proceeds, each of the enclosures is compared to the stored values, and any processing errors—such as double pulls or misses are immediately identified. Since the operator can set the job to automatically bypass the mailpiece, use a backup enclosure feeeders, or stop for inspection integrity is enhanced and throughput maximized.
In addition to Smart GRIP, the Enduro inserting system offers pneumatic gripper arms. The pneumatic gripper arms, which can replace or be used in conjunction with the standard gripper arms, greatly increase the Enduro’s performance when processing difficult materials.
The Enduro inserting system may be configured with up to 24 insert stations. All enclosure feeders can be pneumatic, standard or any combination of both.
Additional improvements to the Enduro inserting system include:
- Intelligent tracking throughout the document path
- High-capacity envelope loader and high-capacity insert feeders
- A redesigned insertion station
- A new operating system and user interface
- A high-volume, on-edge output conveyor
One system, multiple uses
The Enduro inserting system is built on BÖWE BELL + HOWELL’s modular design philosophy. This unique approach allows each system to be configured based on a customer’s specific requirements while affording the flexibility to add new capabilities as those needs evolve.
There are currently more than 100 paper-handling modules that can interface with the Enduro inserting system, ranging from roll feeders and continuous-form cutters to sheet feeders and heavy-duty folders. This multi-tool approach offers a greater freedom to process a growing number of jobs and enclosures while protecting their initial investments in technology.
Enhanced document integrity
To supplement the Enduro system checks for document tracking and integrity, BÖWE BELL + HOWELL’s VEKtor reading system can be added throughout the inserter. With VEKtor in place, barcodes can be read at the feeder and inserts verified in the hopper to ensure everything matches before continuing through the system. With VEKtor any code symbology is supported including the Intelligent Mail Barcode (iMB).
- Smart GRIP technology immediately identifies problem mailpieces
- Pneumatic gripper arms increase ability to process difficult materials
- Improved tracking of each mailpiece
- Numerous add-on modules seamlessly work with the inserter
Features and specifications
- Acceptable envelope sizes
- Minimum—6” x 3.5” (152 mm x 89 mm)
- Maximum—10”x 6.25” (254 mm x 159 mm)
- Flap depth—1” to 2.31” (25 mm x 59 mm)
- Acceptable insert sizes
- Minimum—5.5” x 3” (140 mm x 76 mm)
- Maximum—9.5” x 6” (241 mm x 152 mm)
- Maximum thickness—0.125” (3mm)
- Input Processing Options
- Sheet Feeders—591, 598
- Cutters—310, 310 Stream, 380 Stream, 5410
- Reading—2/5-I, 3/9, Code128, ECC200, OCR, Intelligent Mail barcode
- Multi-channel input/matching capability
- PCS input channels
- Fold Options (Z, Half, Double Parallel and Letter)
- Delivery Options
- Envelope Turnover
- Metering (fixed and variable weights)
- Envelope marking
- High capacity envelope feeder option
- Extended and on-edge conveyor options
- Ink-jet printing
- Envelope window reading (barcode, 2D and OCR)
A Symco Group customer has a Pitney Bowes DM800 Digital Mailing System with power stacker and communication module available for sale. The communications module gives the DM800 the capability of talking with a folder/inserter. The model is a DM800-DJF1. It has been under Pitney Bowes maintenance since it was purchased and is in good working condition. It is still in production at this time.
If you are interested in seeing the machine run, learn more about it or are interested in purchasing, please contact Symco Group at 800-878-8002 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pitney Bowes DM800 Series Overview:
Bring mail center performance to new heights with the Digital Mailing System withIntelliLink® Technology DM800 Series
Mail is a vital tool for communicating with your customers, whether it is in the form of invoicing, marketing, product shipment, or other important communications. Yet, for many businesses, mail is the last frontier for business process improvements. Advancements in technology make this a great time to streamline your mail center.
The DM800 Series Digital Mailing System is the first step to improved processes. It’s easy to use, reliable and delivers high levels of productivity — configured in a way that meets your specific needs. It’s a business solution that brings cost controls, process improvements and accounting functions right to your mail center. Designed for busy mailers, the DM800 can help you automate your mail center and make it run as efficiently as other parts of your business.
- Automatic Software Updates – Your system’s software will always have the latest enhancements via automatic downloads, keeping your system current.
- Track Mail Electronically – Take advantage of on-line account information, order supplies, request service, review your equipment inventory and much more with “My Account” at pb.com.
- Process USPS® Special Services – Electronic Delivery Confirmation, Signature Confirmation and Certified Mail can be processed through the IntelliLink® Command Center.
IntelliLink® Technology provides a single-source access to Pitney Bowes, the Postal Service and other carriers. The IntelliLink® Command Center automates all the system’s functions, including USPS® and carrier rate updates, access
to USPS® Special Services and instant access to DM series operating system updates. With IntelliLink® technology, you get critical 24/7 management of postage payments in addition to new feature downloads to help you meet your changing needs. In addition, you benefit from the high-powered mail services available exclusively from Pitney Bowes, including “My Account” at pb.com giving you just-in-time account information.
- Gain accountability – The DM800 Series Mailing System makes it easy to keep an eye on all your postage expenses.
- Standard INVIEW Accounting – Tracks and displays postage expenses for up to 50 accounts. A built-in keypad allows the full naming of accounts, and speed codes provide for quick selection as well as 15 operators, transaction level data and enhanced reporting capabilities.
- Expanded accounting options – Increase your reporting capabilities with Pitney Bowes’ Budget Manager and expand your accounts up to 1,500. And to maximize visibility and control, the DM Series Mailing Systems integrate with Business Manager, our PC-based accounting solution.
- Minimal Training – Easy to follow prompts on the IntelliLink® Command Center help guide operators through the steps needed to process the mail. Repetitive jobs can be pre- programmed for faster processing.
- USPS Compliant –The DM800 series is fully compliant with USPS® requirements for secure postage printing, delivery and tracking information via the web, Information Based Indicia (IBI), and the latest technology for the Postal Security Device.
Realize mail operations cost control
- Mixed Mail Feeding – Handles mail ranging from postcards
to 10”x13” flats up to 5/8” in thickness in a single stream, elimi- nating manually sorting of varying types of mail.
- Weigh-On-The-Way – Our patented technology, in conjunction with Shape Based Rating functionality, maximizes efficiency by processing mixed weight and mixed sized material up to 16 oz. – automatically and in a single operation. Each piece is weighed and measured, the proper postage is calculated and imprinted at speeds of up to 115 letters per minute.
- Differential Weighing – This feature enables you to place mixed mail pieces on the scale and as you remove a single piece from the stack, the correct postage is calculated and printed.
- Optional Smart Class – Allows processing of different classes in one mail run based on user defined weight breaks.
- Interfaced Weighing Platform – The flexibility is yours to configure the best system for your mailing application by choosing from four weighing options: 15 lb., 30 lb., 70 lb. or 149 lb.
- Carrier Rates – Realize rate shopping flexibility between carriers with Standard Rates for UPS and FedEx.
- Postage Pass – Automated postage refill ensures you never run out of postage.
- Dual Tape Capability – A standard feature to apply either gummed or pressure sensitive tape to virtually any material.
- Time/Date Stamp – Mark incoming mail as “RECEIVED” with date and time to expedite handling.
- Job Presets – Doing a lot of routine jobs? No problem! The system can store in memory up to 25 of your everyday jobs so that even new operators can run the application easily.
- 36”L x 18”H x 22”D (Base System)
- WOWTM Module adds 20”L
- Drop Stacker adds 12”L
- Power Stacker adds 31”L
- Sound Level: less than 68 dba
- Base System 72 lbs.
- WOW Module 35 lbs.
- Power Stacker 31 lbs.
- Operates on 100-240 VAC, 50/60Hz
- 6.5 amps max.
- UL and CSA Approvals
- Up to 200 letters per minute in non-WOWTM mode
- Up to 100 letters per minute in WOWTM mode
- Up to 230 letters per minute in non-WOWTM mode
- Up to 115 letters per minute in WOWTM mode
- Media Specifications:
- Envelope Size
- 13” x 13” (non-WOW mode)
- 10” x 13” (WOW mode) – Thickness
- Width of Flap
- Connectivity Requirements:
- Constant Connection – High Speed Internet Connectivity
- Supplied installation kit includes LAN adapter and 14’ phone cord
- IntelliLink Command Center easily detaches to simplify connections.
- Standard Operating Features:
- Multiple Tapes (1-99)
- Low Postage Alert
- High Value Protection
- Original Value Resetting
- Sealant Level Indicator
- Seal Only And No Seal Modes
- Low Ink Alert
- Password Security
- Standard Envelope Advertisements
- Standard Postal Inscriptions
- Maximum Thickness Warning
- Time/Date Stamp
- Custom Text Messaging
- Postage Pass
- PC Interface
- Report Printer
- Barcode Scanner
- Differential Weighing
- Budget Manager Accounting
- Business Manager Accounting
- Power Stacker
- Weighing Platforms (15 lb., 30 lb., 70 lb., 149 lb.)
- Residual Rates