Symco Group has an IBM Infoprint 4100 HD1/HD2 for sale. It is being picked up at the end of the month at our customer’s location and will be in our inventory by November 1st. Unit is presently being utilized in production.
If you would like more information or would like to purchase, please contact Symco Group today at 800-878-8002 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The IBM 4100 Advanced Function Models are ready to meet your print-on-demand (POD) and statement printing needs and offer:
- Print speeds up to 762 impressions-per-minute in 2-up duplex 8.5 inch x 11 inch portrait
- Operator switchable high-resolution printing at 480 or 600 dots-per-inch (dpi)
- 19 inch (482.6 mm) duplex pinless print width offers improved printing costs with true 3-up 6×9 and 3-up A5 books and statements
- Up to 1400 impressions-per-minute with duplex side-by-side printing of 6 inch x 9 inch impressions
- Integrated pinless and tractor feed paper path in duplex
- New Operator Interface/GUI
- Enhanced printing supplies with larger toner capacity
- High-speed FICON™ and Gigabit Ethernet attachments
- Expanded fanfold and paper weight support
- Ability to use light-weight paper
The Infoprint 4100 family of printers is designed for digital publishing and statement creation. These printers feature a wider form and print width and offer significant improvements in print quality and operator useability.
The Infoprint 4100 Advanced Function Printer High Quality (HD1/HD2). models are intended for applications requiring excellent quality in text, image, and line graphics. Typical applications are text-only books, statements with text and graphics, and newspaper prints.
The Infoprint 4100 features a print speed with 2-up duplex 8.5 inch x 11 inch side-by-side of 762 impressions-per-minute (IPM).
The page width of these printing systems is significantly wider than the previous printers. With a maximum page width of 19.5 inches (495.3 mm), and a maximum pinless print width of 19.0 inches (482.6 mm), true 3-up portrait 6×9 and 3-up A5 books can be produced and trimmed.
- Superior Print QualityThe Infoprint 4100’s hardware enhancements include technological advances in printhead, developer, and fusing mechanisms, plus an integrated optical density feedback system. These advances combine to produce sharp, clear images and text that are superior to the previous high-resolution print-on-demand (POD) printers.
- New Productivity Improvements
- Seamlessly integrated tractor and pinless paper path in duplex
- New high-speed attachment options offer flexibility and speed
- Enhanced Operator Console with large touch-screen flat panel display to improve productivity and ease-of-use
- Printer Characteristic
- Infoprint 4100-HD1/HD2 Printers Characteristic Value
- Print technology
- Form type
- Number of input bins
- Up to 16 inch (406 mm) stack of paper (box)
- Number of output bins
- Up to 14 inch (356 mm) stack of paper
- Finisher attachment
- Manual forms feed
- Envelope printing
- MICR printing
- Duplex printing
- Adjust print-quality levels
- Print resolution
- Maximum printing rates for letter (8.5 x 11 inches)
- inches per second
- inches per minute
- Maximum printing rates for letter in pages per minute2
- 1-up landscape (8.5 inches long) simplex
- 1-up landscape (8.5 inches long) duplex
- 2-up portrait (11 inches long) simplex
- 2-up portrait (11 inches long) duplex
- Maximum printing rates for 6 inch x 9 inch in pages per minute1
- 3-up portrait (9 inches long) simplex
- 3-up portrait (9 inches long) duplex
- Maximum printing rates for A4 (210 x 297 mm)
- mm per second
- mm per minute
- Maximum printing rates for A4 in pages per minute2
- 1-up landscape (210 mm long) simplex
- 1-up landscape (210 mm long) duplex
- 2-up portrait (297 mm long) simplex
- 2-up portrait (297 mm long) duplex
- Maximum printing rates for A5 (210 x 148 mm) in pages per minute1
- 3-up portrait (210 mm long) simplex
- 3-up portrait (210 mm long) duplex
- Maximum usage in pages per month (duty cycles)3
- Letter: 1-up landscape (8.5 inches long)
- Letter: 2-up portrait (11 inches long)
- A4: 1-up landscape (210 mm long)
- A4: 2-up portrait (297 mm long)
- 6 x 9: 3-up landscape
- A5: 3-up landscape (210 mm long)
- Customer Changeable Developer is available allowing the operator to change the developer, helping to increase system availability for MICR or highlight color printing. Please contact your IBM sales representative for availability status.
- Maximum printing rate is the maximum number of pages of the indicated size and configuration that can be printed at the constant speed of paper movement shown for each printer. Rates for pages of different sizes and configuration can be calculated by dividing the form length into the printer speed. Actual printing rate will be less if the printer cannot reach this rate due to complexity or density of the data or the ability of the system to deliver data at this rate.
- Maximum usage is based on operating 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, at maximum printing rate with normal maintenance and operations activity. IBM does not recommend reaching this monthly maximum on consistent basis.
The printer can print to the horizontal page perforations and within 1⁄2-inch (12.7 mm) of either vertical (tractor hole) edge of the form. With tractorless paper, the printer can print to 1⁄2-inch (12.7 mm) from either edge of the form without print quality degradation.
Print quality may be degraded when printing near folding perforations, an internal perforation, or any cut in the form. To ensure correct operation and print quality, maintain the following distances:
- From non-folding and internal perforations: 0.05-inch (1.27 mm)
- From folding perforations: for text, OCR, and bar codes: 0.33-inch (8.5 mm); for images and solid-area fill: 0.05- inch (1.27 mm)
- From binder holes and cuts: 0.1 inch-(2.54 mm).
The Infoprint 4100-HD1/HD2 and 4100-PD1/PD2 printers accept the following media:
- Media types:
- Preprinted or blank fanfold forms, roll-feed paper, some labels
- Media widths:
- Tractor Feed
- 8.3 to 19.5 inches (210 mm to 495 mm) with tractor feed
- Tractorless Feed
- 8.0 to 19.5 inches (203 mm to 495 mm) with tractorless feed
- Media lengths:
- 5.82 to 17 inches (148 mm to 432 mm) with tractor feed using the internal stacker
- 5.82 to 54 inches (148 mm to 1372 mm) with the Signature Page feature and suitable post-processing equipment
- Media weights:
- The following paper weights are supported:
- Duplex pinfeed for Infoprint 4100-HD1/HD2 supports paper weights between 12 pounds and 41 pounds (45 to 157.5 gsm) are supported. Post-Processing equipment is required for paper less than 16 pounds.
- Dual simplex pinfeed for Infoprint 4100-HD1/HD2 supports paper weights between 12 and 42 pounds (45 and 157.5 gsm) are supported. Post processing equipment is required for paper weights less than 16 pounds. Dual simplex pinfeed or Infoprint
The Infoprint 4100-HD1/HD2 printers support a maximum of two attachments. These attachments can be:
- System/370 parallel channel
- ESCON channel
- Token Ring (TCP/IP)
- Ethernet (TCP/IP)
- FDDI (TCP/IP)
- Gigabit Ethernet FICON
The two attachments may be the same (for example, 2 ESCON channels), or mixed (for example, 1 ESCON and 1 Token-Ring). The exception is that the printer can have only 1 TCP/IP attachment of any flavor. You cannot have 2 Token-Ring or 2 FDDI attachments, or a combination of 1 Token-Ring or 1 FDDI attachments.
When printing in duplex configuration, only one attachment can be active at a time. If both attachments are to the same system, or to a tightly-coupled system, and the attachments are of the same type (example, both are ESCON or both are parallel channel), then switching between the two attachments can be performed dynamically by the host system. If the attachments or host differ, or the hosts are not tightly-coupled, then the switch must be performed manually by the operator. The printer must be disabled from the current system and attachment before it can be enabled to the other attachment.