Symco Group Position Available:
Symco Group is in the process of hiring for a part time Bell and Howell tech to work in our Buford, Georgia office rebuilding Bell and Howell Swing Arm Inserters to include Bell and Howell Mailstar 350, Bell and Howell Mailstar 400, Bell and Howell Mailstar 450, Bell and Howell Mailstar 500, Bell and Howell Mailstar 10000, etc.
This position has the potential to turn into a full time position with the right engineer.
- Capability of rebuilding swing arm inserters to a high level with deadlines.
- Capability of troubleshooting and repairing issues with these inserters.
- Capability of rebuilding auxiliary items such as conveyors, feeders, folders and accumulators
- Capability of installing and testing intelligence and reading
- Capability of deinstalling and preparing for shipping of completed inserter
- Capability of installing at customer location of completed inserter.
The perfect candidate lives in the Atlanta Georgia area and has a background of rebuilding swing arm inserters from manufacturers such as Bell and Howell / Pinnacle, Pitney Bowes, Mailcrafter and / or Sensible Technologies. The minimum requirement is someone who has provided ongoing break-fix repair on these machines for 5 or more years and has extensive knowledge of troubleshooting and upgrading.
Technician / Engineer will have to live in the Atlanta Georgia area and be able to commute to our office in Buford Georgia.
Our preference is to start out by paying on a “per machine” basis and then look at full time employment which will be dictated by quality of the product produced and time required to complete. We are also open to paying an hour wage based on time to rebuild and then looking at full time employment which again will be dictated by quality of the product produced and time required to complete. For installations and training, we pay a flat “per day rate” plus expenses.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to Symco Group at email@example.com.
Symco Group has an enduser client who wants to sell a Bell and Howell Mailstar MS400 with Bell and Howell PF300 (GBR 420) feeder. The inserter has six pocket insert stations and a turnover. It has approximately 5,800 usage hours and has received consistent preventative maintenance since purchased by enduser client.
For more information or to purchase the Bell and Howell Mailstar MS400 and PF300 feeder or to purchase the PF300 (GBR 420) alone, please contact Symco Group at 800-878-8002 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bell and Howell MS400 Features and Benefits:
- The centralized control panel with error detection indicators simplifies operator setup and shortens recovery procedures.
- Easily adjustable guides make job setup and changeover quick and simple.
- Vacuum system provides more accurate paper handling, reducing operator intervention
- Add four and six station trailer modules – up to a total of 18 stations, as your number of inserts increase.
- Add an electronic Automated In-line Mailing (AIM) system to accumulate personalized multiple-page documents.
- Wide range of available adjustments on the insert and envelope hoppers, and on the track supports a variety of material sizes.
- Adjustable speed control allows operator to increase or decrease speed for the most efficient handling of a given application.
- Options such as vacuum- or knife-style envelope flap opener, elevator or shuttle-feed envelope hopper increase system capabilities.
Bell and Howell MS 400 Specifications:
- Cycling Speed Stations:
- Up to 18 stations (in four and six-station modules)
- Maximum Size – 9 1/2″ x 6 1/4″ (241mm x 159mm)
- Minimum Size – 6″ x 3 1/4″ (152mm x 830mm)
- Flap Depth – 1″ x 1 3/4″ (25mm x 44mm)
- Maximum Size – 9″ x 6″ (229mm x 152mm)
- Minimum Size – 5 1/2″ x 3″ (140mm x 76mm)
- Paper Weight – 20 – 24 lbs (75 to 90g/m2)
- Maximum accumulated thickness:
- Stacker or Turnover Option – 3/8″ (10mm)
- Meter or Conveyor Delivery Option – 1/2″ (13mm)
- 208/240Vac, 30Amp, Single Phase, 50 or 60hz, 4 Wire
- 64 to 90 degrees F, 18 to 32 degrees C
- 40% to 60% (non-condensing)
- Width – 34″ x Height 46″ x Length (4 station – 80″ or 6 station – 100″)
PF300 (GBR 420T) Overview:
As a speed of up to 30,000 documents per hour, the PF300 (GBR 420T) reads a wide variety of optional codes to accurately assemble documents into address-matched sets, up to five for a letter fold and seven pages for a half fold. The address matched sets are then folded for inserting directly into the gripper arm or open feed station of an inserter. With the added features of up to twelve stations of intelligent selection, dual metering with postal weight calculation and divert, envelope suppression and sequential start-up and shut down, it is easy to see why the PF300 (GBR 420T) is the premier intelligent folder for the mail industry. The PF300 (GBR 420T) can also operate off-line by simply purchasing the off-line conveyor option.
PF300 (GBR 420T) Features and Benefits:
- High folding capacity, up to five pages for a letter fold, seven pages for a half fold
- Advanced touch screen for BCR multiple job set-up and recall
- Up to 30,000 documents per hour
- Runs on-line with conventional, non-intelligent inserters
- Up to twelve intelligent station selection
- Intelligent read systems (OMR, 3 of 9, 128 and 2 of 5 interleaved barcodes)
- Envelope suppression and sequential start-up and divert
- Operates off-line with conveyor option
- Cut-sheet or optional continuous form feed
- Speed: Up to 30,000 documents per hour
- Paper Sizes: 7″ x 7″ minimum; 8 1/2″ x 11″; 8 1/2″ x 14″; 11″ x 8 1/2″ (optional)
- Paper Weight: 20-24 lb. bond
- Fold Types: “C”, “Z”, “V” and Double “V”
- Power Source: 110v single phase, 60z, 15amp; 220v single phase, 50/60hz, 10amp optional
- Dimensions: 120″ L x 26″ W x 52″ H
- Weight: approximately 400 lbs
- Read Systems:
- OMR Line Code Read System
- Industry standard barcodes: 3 of 9, 128 and 2 of 5 interleaved
- 2-D barcode – DataMatrix; OCR/2-D barcode
- Other features:
- Large capacity top-loading, bottom feeder (approximately 1,500 sheets) and optional BSA 5000 bulk loader increases loading capacity to approximately 6,500 sheets
- Four plate folder with accumulation station for up to 5 pages for a letter fold or 7 pages for a half fold
- Ultrasonic double detect and non-read fixed count operation
- Intelligent error display including misfeed and jam detection
- Counter modes: total count, batch count, resettable count
- Output conveyor options:
- Shingling output conveyor / stacker
- Intelligent transfer conveyor interface to gripper arm or open feed station of inserter